Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reading Habits ? A Fun Meme!

Reading Habits? 
Saw this Meme on Sarah Says Read looks interesting.  I snagged this meme after a couple of stops over at some friendly blogs and decided to do it myself. If you do the same, please link back so I can read your answers!

 Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack: 
I must admit I do like to snack on is frozen mixed fruit. Better than grabbing a carton of Blue Bell's banana pudding ice cream. Yummmy

What is your favorite drink while reading?
My favorite drip would be Chocolate Truffle Coffee. Other than that water is refreshing.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? 
I would never mark one of my books nor turn down a corner. I have notebooks for that. Now if it is an ebook there are options for that. Plus I love cute bookmarkers.


How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? 
I save my place with cute bookmarks. If I want go back to something I read I just add another bookmarker.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
I prefer Historical Fiction so I guess that would be both.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere? 
I would rather read to the end of a chapter but there have been times when I had to just stop where I was.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you? 
No but I have thought about throwing it at my dear hubby for interrupting my reading too many times.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away? 
Sometimes because it will distract me worrying over it.

What are you currently reading? 
I am currently reading THE CHAMOMILE by Susan F. Cratt. I have had it on my to read list and thought it was about time I read the book. I won it from the author. It is a really good book.

What is the last book you bought? 
The last book I bought for myself was Mary's Blessing by Lena Nelson Dooley. I read the first book in the series had to have this one.


Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one? 
If I am having a hard time getting into a book instead of throwing it I will put it aside for awhile and read something else.


Do you have a favorite time/place to read? 
I prefer to read alone. I really like reading on my nice big front porch but my allergies have gotten so bad and the cats have decided to take it over so now I sit in my living room in my favorite chair and read. I will not lay down to read unless I am ready to fall asleep.


Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I love them both.  But I do mourn the loss of some of the books wishing for more time with the characters.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over? 
I have too many favorites. So no real competition there.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.) 
I usually organize them on my book shelf by author's last name. But then I have a shelf for the books scheduled for review in order of the review date. Then there is my Goodreads. I have them listed according to who I am reviewing for. Even a list for my personal choices and wishlist. I think the only genre I have listed is children's books, tweens and young adult. The rest are mainly christian fiction.

Well that was FUN!!  It's your turn now.  Don't forget to drop back by when you post yours on you blog and give me your link so I can read your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment