Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: While I'm Still Myself by Jeremy Mark Lane -A Collection of Short Stories

About this author:
Jeremy Lane is a writer living in North Texas with his wife and three children.

Jeremy’s first collection of short stories, entitled “Here and Gone”, was published in 2010 by Ether Books, a digital publisher located in the UK.

A collection entitled, “While I’m Still Myself” will be published in paperback by Tate Publishing early in 2012.
His work has also been featured in many literary sites and journals, including MUSCADINE LINES: A SOUTHERN JOURNAL.
A work of serial fiction, entitled “City On A Hill”, is being published by Ether Books throughout 2011




Paperback, 125 pages
Expected publication: January 10th 2012 by Tate Publishing
ISBN 9781617779

Synopsis:
A passionate December love affair.
The meeting of an unexpected traveler.
The consequences of protecting a young new acquaintance.
A journey into an unknown past.

In the stories of While I’m Still Myself, Jeremy Lane eloquently describes the life changing impact of the brief encounter, showing that life and love are not shaped by an entire lifetime, but by the fleeting moments with unexpected people in unexpected places.



My Thoughts:
This was an easy book to read with several moving short stories. I shed tears over the first story That Winter.
The Reflection, Only Hers was the story that moved me the most. A young girl running from her own future. I cried hard over young Annabel.
The author has a most tender loving heart to have written these.
I hope to read more of his stories.

I recommend this book of short stories.

I rate this book a 4 out of 5.

Disclosure:
I received a copy of this book from the author. I was in no way compensated for my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment