Saturday, September 3, 2011

Review: Called Home: Two Hearts Answer by Gloria Schumann


Called Home: Two Hearts Answer

by 

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·   rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Emma Benson's view of life was crafted by the death of her brother as a child, abandonment by her father and later, the man she trusted she would marry, until David Schlosser-back in town after years in New York writing best-selling novels-threatens her neatly tended life. Romance blooms. Emma and David eventually persevere in the face of tragedy, refusing to leave their dreams behind.
Paperback342 pages
Published May 8th 2010 by Savant Books & Publications LLC
ISBN
0984117571 (ISBN13: 9780984117574)



My Thoughts:
Called Home was hard for me to get interested in for the first couple of chapters but as I read on the story line unveiled a jaw clenching, nail biting novel I didn't want to put down.
The main character Emma is portrayed as a real pain in the buttocks. You will gradually learn why she is so rude and distant. I can't fault the novel because of this character. There are people like Emma in this world so why not write about them.

David enters the picture thinking he will be a knight in shining armour and seems to find her intriguing. He is persistent in making a connection with her whether she wants one are not. David sees through her masquerade. Gently he presses her to find out what happened in her past that causes her to distance herself from him.

Unexplained events began to happen and kept me as confused as Emma and David as to why all these suspicious events were happening to them. It definitely kept my eyes glued to the book wanting to find out what was going to happen next. I want to quote Emma's thoughts as she is reading a mystery book. "It was a section in which it is necessary for someone else to remove it from the readers' hand as he clung to every twist and turn in the plot, trying to ascertain its meaning."

That is how I felt about reading this book. When you read this book all the way to the end you might feel ashamed of yourself for having such a harsh opinion of Emma. Some people only see what is on the surface of a person.

I would recommend this book to my best friends.
I am rating this book 4 out of 5 only because I was tempted to stop reading the book all together at the very beginning. I am glad I kept reading because I would have missed out on a very good read.

Disclosure: I was given a free copy of this book by Gloria Schumann the author of this book for review. This review is my very own honest opinion.


Disclosure: By clicking on the Amazon link I will get a small percentage from the purchase of this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment