Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: The Harvest of Grace Cindy Woodsmall

The Harvest of Grace by Cindy Woodsmall (ch. 1 excerpt)


My Thoughts:
Sylvia Fisher is an Amish woman who wants more than anything to run her family dairy farm.  She just needs to learn about the business end of the farm.  But her father and her fiance have other plans.  Everything backfires and she is betrayed in more than one way.  She leaves the comfort of her parents home and farm to work for an Amish  family that desperately need help getting back on their feet.  Sylvia thinks she is the person that can help them get their dairy farm more productive.  Then here comes the prodigal son, Aaron Blank, returning to take over everything.  She feels confused about who is running things now her or the son.  She tries to keep her distance so she can focus on her work and not what a handsome and kind person Aaron seems to be.  
This book has love, loss, betrayal, forgiveness, peace, hope and amazing grace.
The author brings characters from the first two books in the series so the story hops from one couple to another keeping you on edge hoping everyone will have a happy ending.  
The author did a great job intermingling all the characters like pieces in a quilt.  It was a real work of art.  I ached a little after the book ended because I wasn't ready to leave the characters behind.


I would highly recommend this book to my family and friends.
I rate this book 5 out of 5.
Disclosure:
I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah/Blogging for Books.  This review is my very own opinion.  I did not receive any compensation for this reveiw.





No comments:

Post a Comment