Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Saving Bobby by Crystal Cattabriga

About Crystal 

I was born and raised in Massachusetts and moved to Georgia in 2004. I'm the mother of three beautiful children, Zackary 18, Blayke 13, and Ema 10. I've been married for 10 years to a wonderful man who always seems to keep me grounded. When I'm not writing novels, I enjoy reading, going to the movies with my children, walking through trails, and bowling. We have three dogs and several cats. Living my life as it is, I feel blessed, so I always remember to pay it forward to others. I've been a Partner's in Hope member of St. Jude's Hospital since 2006 and give to my local community, The Sharing and Caring Place in GA.


Website  http://www.crystalcattabriga.com
Twitter   http://twitter.com/c​cattabriga
Genre    Children's Books, Young Adult, Religion & Spirituality


PictureAbout Book 


ISBN-13: 9781466306882
Publisher: CreateSpace
Publication date: 11/20/2011
Pages: 246

When Bobby's world came crashing down on his thirteenth birthday he knew his life would never be the same again. After losing most of his family before ever becoming a teenager. Bobby was determined not to lose the only person who had truly loved him and was always there for him; his mom. Struggling with the fear of losing his mother to cancer Bobby takes it upon himself running away in search for a way to save her. Along Bobby's journey, he meets Annie, a 'runaway.' Together, they embark on a road where they both find a friendship that will last forever and the true meaning of God. Will Bobby save his mother in time and will Annie go back to the life she had? Experience this journey with Bobby and Annie and feel the power of true determination, and what God can do if you just let him into your heart....


   


 My Thoughts

Thirteen year old Bobby is on a quest to find more time or a kidney donor for his mom.  She is in desperate need of a new kidney due to cancer. She is all he has left in this world.  He has no other relatives other than his uncle and they recently got notice from the military that his uncle is missing in action.  But he doesn't believe them, he feels in his gut that his uncle is alive.  

Bobby is staying with a family friend while his mom is in the hospital.  He decides to sneak out one night without telling anyone and hits the streets for answers that might help his mom. When he starts out on this quest he makes friends with a young girl, Annie and she joins him on his journey. It is very clear that Annie has a personal relationship with God.  Bobby doesn't know God or what He is capable of doing if he would just believe in Him.  Bobby watches Annie as she share her beliefs with strangers about the power of  prayer if only they would have faith in God.   Annie tries to tell Bobby who God is and about Jesus.  But he isn't sure he believes or trust what Annie says about God. 

Any mom reading this story will freak at the idea of this young boy out on the streets alone.  And why does so many people know this girl Annie and don't seem to be concerned about her?  Where is her parents? Why is she on the streets?  Why doesn't she want to go home?  I had so many questions running through my mind.  

This may be a Young Adult book but don't let that stop you from reading this book.  Also you better make sure you have a box of tissues at hand  because you will need them.  

I have had this book on my to read list for some time now.  I am so glad I was able to work it into my schedule.  I'm sure you will enjoy this book as much as I did.

I highly recommend this book!

I rate this book 5 out of 5.

Disclosure
I received a free copy of this book from the author for review.  I was in no way compensated for this review.  It is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment