Thursday, April 10, 2014

A PLAIN DISAPPEARANCE, APPLESEED CREEK #3 by AMANDA FLOWER

About Book

USA Today recently hailed award-nominated author Amanda Flower for A Plain Death, calling it “the first Amish rom-com . . . bring on the next one!” As the enthusiastic reviews continue to mount, she’s back with her third Appleseed Creek mystery, A Plain Disappearance.

It’s Christmastime in Amish Country, and Chloe Humphrey has begun settling into her life in Appleseed Creek excited to see where her new relationship with Timothy Troyer will lead. Unfortunately it leads to murder when the couple discovers the body of Amish teenager Katie Lambright while on their first date.

Near the scene there is evidence that Timothy’s friend and auto mechanic Billy Thorpe is involved with the crime. The police reveal Billy is not really who he said he was and has been living the last decade in Knox County under a stolen alias. Now, Chloe and Timothy must find Billy, bring him to justice, or prove his innocence.
  • ISBN-13: 9781433676994
  • Publisher: B&H Publishing Group
  • Publication date: 9/1/2013
  • Series: An Appleseed Creek Mystery , #3
  • Pages: 336

Where to Purchase: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, CBD


About Author

Amanda Flower, an Agatha-nominated mystery author, started her writing career in elementary school when she read a story she wrote to her sixth grade class and had the class in stitches with her description of being stuck on the top of a Ferris wheel. She knew at that moment she’d found her calling of making people laugh with her words. Her debut mystery, Maid of Murder, was an Agatha Award Nominee for Best First Novel. Amanda is an academic librarian for a small college near Cleveland. She also writes mysteries as Isabella Alan.



My Thoughts

Riding in the snow and freezing cold Chloe and Timothy stop to take a walk in the snow.  Timothy wanted to make this time together special because he has a special Christmas gift to give Chloe. As excited as Chloe was for the gift it quickly left her mind when they discover a body. Now their special private moment together became very public. 

Chloe was determined to help find out who was responsible for the death of this young teenage Amish girl. She suspected it had to be someone local.  It put her on high alert and gave her cause to be always watching over her shoulder for danger.  

Timothy knew the number one suspect was a friend of his but they had to be wrong and he had to find a way to prove Billy was innocent. 

I normally don't read cloak and dagger but decided to give this book a go since it was about an Amish community. I am glad I read the book.  I thought I had the crime solved from the beginning, which I am usually right but not this crime. The author threw me for a loop and boy was I surprised. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

I don't want to reveal anything important so I would highly recommend you read the book.

I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from Handlebar Central/B&H Publishing for an honest review. 


central
I am making up for my missed scheduled date for a Handlebar Central review request. I do apologize for my tardiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment