Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sneak Peek ~ My Children's/Picture Book ~ Don't Call Me Fluffy!

HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK OF MY ATTEMPT 
AT WRITING A CHILDREN'S BOOK!

(Me speaking)
Oh, honey Jasmine had her kittens there are two black ones and two gray ones.

(John the man)
Look one of the black and one of the gray kittens are bobtails like Jasmine.

***A few weeks go by.

(John/Man)
Well dear it looks like their eyes are open.

(Me/Lady)
How cute they are so very fluffy.

(John/Man)
Yes, I see and they seem to be moving around pretty good. The little gray bobtail seems be dragging it's back legs.

(Me/Lady)
I think something might be wrong with little Fluffy.

(John/Man)
Don't worry, just wait and see how he does in the next few weeks.

***A few more weeks go by.

(John/Man)
Fluffy bobtail sure is holding his own with his brothers.

(Lady)
Are you sure they aren't going to hurt Fluffy.

(John/Man laughing)
 He seems to be getting the best of them.

***Out and about with the kittens.  They are free to explore the great outdoors.  (the kittens call me and John the Keepers)

(Kittens)
Hey don't the Keepers call you Fluffy (laughing). Fluffy, Fluffy (more laughing) You even walk funny! Bet you can't catch me Fluffy!

(Fluffy/gray bobtail)
Mom! Tell them to stop calling me Fluffy. How can they call me Fluffy? I am a boy not a little girl. There isn't anything wrong with the way I walk. Is there?

(Mom Jasmine)
Now boys don't pick on your brother. It is just taking him a bit longer to get use to his legs than the rest of you and don't call him Fluffy. Mr.Owl will soon give you names but first he must watch you for  a few weeks to see what name best suits each of you and I am pretty sure none of you will be called Fluffy.

(Jasmine)
Mr. Owl! Mr. Owwwl!

(Mr Owl)
Whooww whooww is there!

(Jasmine)
It's me, Jasmine.

(Mr Owl)
Hello Mrs. Jasmine I have been keeping watch over you kittens. They seem to be picking on gray bobtail.

(Jasmine)
Yes, that is why I came to see you. He is beginning to notice he is different from his brothers. He has a hard time keeping up with them. But other than his legs not working right he seems to be as rambunctious as his brothers. On top of that the Keepers have started calling him Fluffy and pamper him as if he were special.  If you have time would you please talk to him. You are so very wise I am sure it would help him.

***The next day.

(Fluffy/gray bobtail)
Mr Owl! Hello. Are you home?

(Mr Owl)
Well well if it isn't Mrs. Jasmine's gray bobtail.

(Fluffy/gray bobtail)
Hello sir, Mom said you wanted to speak with me about something.

(Mr Owl)
Yes, Yes I hear your brothers are teasing you calling you Fluffy. I wouldn't worry about that too much I am sure you have called them silly names before. Right?

(Fluffy/gray bobtail)
Rrriight.

(Mr Owl)
I have noticed you seem to be having a little difficulty with your back legs.

(Fluffy/gray bobtail)
Yes sir, they just don't seem to want to cooperate. I can't run as fast as my brothers or even walk very well without them tripping me up. Then there is that big dog Cocoa that keeps picking me up and giving me a bath. My brothers are able to run fast enough to get away from him but I just can't run fast enough and he catches me every time.

(Mr Owl)
I tell you what son why don't you watch some of the other animals like Squirrel, Rabbit, Raccoon and Possum and see how they get around maybe they have some suggestions.

(Flurry/gray bobtail)
Thanks Mr. Owl that is a great idea!

(Mr Owl)
Let me know how it goes!

(Fluffy?gray bobtail)
I will sir! Goodbye!

*****

I DID NOT GET ANY FURTHER.

   THE STORY IS ABOUT ONE OF OUR  KITTENS THAT APPEARED TO NOT HAVE USE OF HIS BACK LEGS POSSIBLY PARALYZED.  BUT HE WAS DETERMINED TO KEEP UP WITH HIS LITTER MATES.  AS HE STARTED MOVING AROUND THE BACK HALF OF HIM RESEMBLED A FROG, INCLUDING A LARGE STOMACH & FLAT BACK.  HE LEARNED TO HOP ON HIS BACK LEGS & IN TIME HE GOT AROUND MORE LIKE A RABBIT, STANDING HIGH IN THE FRONT & LOW IN THE BACK.  WE NAMED HIM WASCALLY WABBIT.  PEOPLE HAD THE AUDACITY TO ASK IF HE WAS HIS SIRE WAS A RABBIT ESPECIALLY SINCE HE HAD A LITTLE COTTON BOBTAIL.  DUH!  PEOPLE, HE IS A CAT!

   SO BACK TO THE STORY.  I HAD INTENDED TO HAVE FLUFFY/GRAY BOBTAIL GET ADVICE FROM THE OTHER ANIMALS MR. OWL SUGGESTED HE SPEAK WITH.  HE ENDED UP TAKING MR. RABBITS ADVICE AND ENDED UP BEING THE FASTEST CAT IN THE COUNTY AND WAS PROUD TO BE NAMED WASCALLY WABBIT BECAUSE HE WAS AS FAST AS A RABBIT.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

Hugs,
PATRICIA aka MAMAW


No comments:

Post a Comment